Re: [tlug] 'xcdroast' under RH9

On Sun, Jun 15, 2003 at 07:48:46PM +0900, Dennis McMurchy wrote:
>  1. 'xcdroast' can't seem to recognize that there is a CDROM in the
> CD-reader, if that CDROM is mounted.  This didn't used to be the case,
> I'm sure. Any workarounds, other than the obvious one of 'umount'ing
> the CDROM _every single_ time?

I thought it was always like that.  But I dislike automounting
CD-ROMs, so I kill off that feature and explictly mount discs
when I want them.

>   The problem is that these permissions get changed back (!@???!) to
> 600 every single time the system is booted.  This is not the kind of
> shenanigans I expect from a LiGnux system.  What is going on here?  And
> how do I fix it?

It is part of the new PAM console classes.  You can control how
the permissions are reset at login in /etc/security/console.perms.
Read more here:
http://www.redhat.com/support/wpapers/redhat/newpam/tinkering.html

> worked.  Today I discovered that the copy I had made of disk 2 of the
> RH9 set was 'unreadable'.  The copy that that copy was made from was

Bad media?

--
Jim Tittsler                                         GPG: 0x01159DB6
Kanto Computer Calendar  http://www.OnJapan.net/calendar/