[tlug] oXygen XML 2.0.2

I don't know how many of you do extensive work in XML, but in my case, all
of my dictionaries, articles, bibliographies, and so forth, are done in XML, for the most
part using the TEI recommendations (http://www.tei-c.org/).

Anyhow, in connection with my work, I am constantly trying out new XML
editors, and I am happy to find that there is one piece of reasonably-priced software in
particular that just keeps growing in leaps and bounds.

IMHO, oXygen (http://www.oxygenxml.com) has to be the most
rapidly-improving, reasonably-priced, multi-platform commercial XML editor
out there. Version 2.0.2, which just became available for download, includes
a nice set of TEI DTD selections, much like those offered in TEI-Emacs,
including P4, Lite, and other formats, available both locally or via URL (on the
menu, select File >> New from Templates).

And the Linux version always seems to run a bit better and faster than the Mac and Windoze
versions, which I like. I just used their HTML converter to turn all of my early HTML files in to
XHTML, and it worked very nicely.

I've pasted in the "What's New" data below.

Chuck

What's new in <oXygen/> XML Editor 2.0.2

# Relax NG schema validation - documents can be validated against Relax NG schema.
# Import HTML documents as XHTML - HTML documents are converted to XHTML during import.
# Drag & Drop in Tree View - File Drag & Drop can now be performed on the Tree View too.
oXygen XML Editor for Mac OS X
# Included TEI DTDs, stylesheets and templates - the editor is shipped with the TEI DTDs and stylesheets version P4. Both DTDs and stylesheets can be found in the "tei" directory of the installation. Special templates have been added that are useful when creating new TEI documents.
# Templates for XHTML documents - new XHTML documents can be created from document templates.
# Code-Insight for entities - Code-Insight for the internal and external entities declared in the current document when the user presses the '&' key.
# Fixed values of attributes in Code-Insight - attribute values specified as fixed in the DTD are now presented in the Code-Insight.
# Source/Tree View Synchronization - instant synchronization between the source view and tree view when saving changes to the same document.
# Indent selection - a text selection including markup can now be indented without changing the rest of the document.
# Menu options enabled or disabled based on the editing context - menu options and toolbar buttons like Undo, Redo, Copy, Paste, Find/Replace are enabled only when they make sense in the current editing context.
# Insert file at cursor - an external file can be inserted at cursor position.
# Surround in <tag> - the last "Surround in" operation can be repeated on the current text selection. Available from the context menu.
# Configurable mapping between a file type and a syntax highlight scheme.
# Configuration of parser features - a couple of features of the validating parser used by <oXygen/> can be enabled and disabled from the "XML Parser Features" preference page.
# Backup copy on save - a new setting in the "Editor" preference page to enable making a backup copy when saving the document.

Charles Muller  <acmuller@example.com>
Faculty of Humanities,  Toyo Gakuen University
Digital Dictionary of Buddhism and CJKV-English Dictionary [http://www.acmuller.net]
H-Buddhism List Editor [http://www2.h-net.msu.edu/~buddhism/]
Mobile Phone: 090-9310-1787