Re: [tlug] BSD vs BSD vs Linux

On 木, 2003-05-08 at 23:53, patrick.niessen@example.com wrote:
> Dear TLUGERs
>
> which one is better, Linux or BSD?
>
> I also heard there are two version of BSD, free and net.  Which is the
> recommended one?

Very simple:

BSD is for people who love Unix; Linux is for people who hate Microsoft.

(Stolen from some unidentified, unremembered person's .sig)

I don't know if it's true or not, but I run Linux, and hate Microsoft
:-)  but I use a Linux distribution (Gentoo) that has a ports system
similar to BSD's.

--
Stuart Luppescu -=- s-luppescu .at. uchicago.edu
University of Chicago -=- CCSR