Re: [tlug] BSD vs BSD vs Linux

patrick.niessen@example.com wrote:

> which one is better, Linux or BSD?

Are you sure you want to ask this? I feel a flood of opinions coming on ...

Which is better, Coke or Pepsi? Yoshinoya's or Matsuya's beef bowl?

> I also heard there are two version of BSD, free and net.  Which is the
> recommended one?

I've heard there are two flavours of Pepsi, regular and twist. Which
would you recommend?

> Why do Linuxers switch to BSD, and do they come back?

Personal preferences, that's what the answer to your question comes down
to ...

Ask about a *specific* difference between the OSes and you might get
some very informative and useful answers. Otherwise the question as you
put it is ... just asking for trouble ^_^

--

Jean-Christian Imbeault