Re: [tlug] sendmail problems. Host lookup deferred.

On Thu, 8 May 2003, Jonathan Q wrote:

> On Thursday 08 May 2003 15:34, Nguyen Vu Hung wrote:
>
> > The email above was sent from a 192.168.1.x client. I dont know why but I
> > can send emails from x.x.x.x.58( the mail server itself) but from
> > 192.168.1.x or outside, it is impossible.
>
> Questions:
>
> Do you have any firewall rules that do not allow DNS replies to get
> back to your mail server?
>
> When you send mails from the mail server, are they in fact being
> relayed through it, or are they going directly to an external SMTP
> host?
>
> What do you see in your logs?

Thank you Jonathan.

Never mind because I solved the problem. This is a mistake in
/etc/mail/access that does not allow relaying from 192.168.1
I changed it and run `make all`. Everything is OK now.

Thank you again.

|            Nguyen Vu Hung( vuhung@example.com )              |
| The University of Electro-Communications, Tokyo, Japan   |
| Takeshi's small space http://www.fedu.uec.ac.jp/~vuhung/ |
|  I am looking for a job in Japan or Hanoi. My resume     |
|  http://www.fedu.uec.ac.jp/~vuhung/resume-03.txt     |