Re: [tlug] WMP on Linux

Jonathan Q wrote:

> http://www.osopinion.com/perl/printer/21371/
>
> Discuss amongst yourselves :-)

The same long and maybe never ending story about M$ and Linux.
M$ is too powerful and the most important is what Jonathan said:

 >"Will anybody use it?"  Yeah, I think a lot of
 >people will.  Most of the people who buy a portable media player
 >don't know, and certainly don't care, what the OS is, or who wrote the
 >application software.

The people don't care about it. They only want it's cheaper, easy and nice.
For this reason I think we are combating in different fields. M$ wants money,
and they will give to the people everything they can give, just to make more money.
We want something good, with a good philosophy, Open and strong! We care about
who wrote an application, we care about computers and I think we don't see them
just as only machines. So I really don't know how Open Source community can
compete against M$. The only way that now I can imagine is with the low prices
and security, but the second think only worry professionals.

Give a read at this:
http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1104-990526.html

M$ will sell it ass if necessary, just to make more money and to try to control
al IT comunity.

Pietro.