Re: [tlug] WMP on Linux

And Thus Spake Jonathan Q <jq@example.com> (on Mon, 5 May 2003 14:44:28
+0700):

> Haven't seen this on TLUG yet, so let's start the day with the
> news that MS is having Windows Media for Linux development
> done by a third party:

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

Linux is all about open source and Free Software. Do any of us want to use
software, from Micro$haft or not, which implements DRM? I certainly don't.
I've managed to survive so far without daily fixes of M$-specific and other
proprietary file formats, and I don't see why I shouldn't continue.

In short, I think having WMP ported to Linux is nothing but PR. Nobody will
actually use it.

--
G. Stewart   --   gstewart@example.com -- gstewart@example.com
Registered Linux user #284683