Re: [tlug] Red Hat 9 (was: small redhat 9 review)

On Sat, 12 Apr 2003 07:38:59 -0400
Scott Robbins <scottro@example.com> wrote:

> Even laptops are usually fairly easy to get working (though I'm
> fortunate enough to have broadband, and don't know how easy or hard it
> is to get a laptop winmodem working--I do remember seeing one company,
> advertising laptops made for Linux commenting that the modem that
> comes with the laptop wouldn't work.)

Many laptop WinModems are based on Lucent/Agere chips which are fairly
painless to get working.

The (console) setup is very well done. It asks questions which are easy
for the newbie to answer and supplies sensible defaults for those which
are not so easy to answer. It then goes on to tell you exactly what to
do next!

--
G. Stewart   --   gstewart@example.com -- gstewart@example.com
Registered Linux user #284683