Re: [tlug] mail(): Received (may be forged) question

Jonathan Q wrote:

> Hey, I'd love to go back to Japan.  Need an admin? :-)

Yes, but we can't afford you. Hey, how do think they got stuck with me?
I'm all they could afford. And considering I didn't get a salary
increase I guess they got a sysadmin for free.

> More or less, yes.   The easy way to handle it would be to configure the SMTP
> box

If that's the easy way then I'll have to pass since I don't manage the
SMTP box, it's not a Linux box, and all it's web configuration options
are in Japanese ;)

I've done some testing and it seems that error is not thrown if there is
*no* PTR in the reverse lookup. So I deleted the the erroneous PTR in
the reverse lookup zone (after trying to figure what the japanese for
reverse lookup was). Now I am waiting for the changes to propagate since
it seems that there are some caching effects still lingering ...

Jc