Re: [tlug] mail(): Received (may be forged) question

Sam Tilders wrote:

> $ host 219.118.175.244
> Name: ns.tokyo-av-land.com
> Address: 219.118.175.244
>
> It looks like the name isn't in the DNS, but the reverse is.

I don't know much about DNS but ... how is this possible. How can the
reverse be in the DNS but not the name?

But what I don't understand is where the name ns.tokyo-av-land.com
coming from? Is some DNS server somewhere sending wrong (outdated)
information?

If I can figure out why a reverse lookup of my ip gives the wrong FQDN
then maybe I can get this fixed?

Jean-Christian Imbeault

PS in case it's of any help here is the zone file for tokyo-av-land.com

$origin tokyo-av-land.com.
$TTL    86400
@       IN   SOA        dns.tokyo-av-land.com.  taiyou.mega-bucks.co.jp. (
                 2003022822      ; serial
                         21600           ; refresh after 6 hours
                         3600            ; retry after 1 hour
                         1209600         ; expire after 2 weeks
                         10800 )         ; TTL for negative answers 3 hours

         IN   NS         ns1.granitecanyon.com.
         IN   NS         ns3.granitecanyon.com.
         IN      A       219.118.175.244

www     IN   A  219.118.175.244