Re: [tlug] ifup gives "ifRTNETLINK answers: Invalid argument" error

Jim Tittsler wrote:

> I'm not familiar with the 'config' you are using.

Another bloody typo ... haven't had my morning caffeine infusion yet. I
meant ifconfig.

> If you use ifconfig to assign an address to an interface 'up'
> is implied.

Ah! I didn't catch that in the man pages. That answers everything. Silly
of me to do an ifup when ifconfig has already done it ...

I *did* skim through the man pages but missed that bit about up being
implied ... should either brush up on my speed reading or read
everything through before posting ...

Thanks for the help!

Jc