Re: [tlug] How do recover from a re-format?

On Fri, Feb 07, 2003 at 08:57:20PM +0900, Jean-Christian Imbeault wrote:
> What tools should I be looking into?
I think what you're looking for is TestDisk, which can be found at
http://www.cgsecurity.org/index.html?testdisk.html
If you've overwritten the partition table but you haven't actually made
new filesystems, everything should be intact.  To wit; one time I
accidentally repartitioned my drive, but I was able to fix it by using
fdisk and replicating the original configuration (for some reason I had
written it down or something) by hand.  Anyway, TestDisk should be able
to automatically detect where the filesystems begin and end and you
should be able to fix the partition table.

Good luck,
Yuji
--
Yuji Carlos Kosugi