Re: [tlug] load averge question

Matt Doughty wrote:

> man crontab

Yes, but the files in the various /etc/cron.* directories are not
*directly* affected by crontab.

A "crontab -e" as root gives me a blank file ...

I'd have to manually edit the /etc/crontab file ... and even then that
only lets me turn on or off a particular cron directory, nothing finer ...

 From what I can figure out, without editing the /etc/crontab file, the
way to remove a particular cron job from the "automagic" cron jobs that
RH installs is to delete the appropriate file in the /etc/cron.*
directory ...

Jc