Re: [tlug] smbclient/smbprint problems to w2k box

Quoth Jonathan Byrne (Mon 2003-01-20 05:35:02PM +0700):

> I've been googling and reading for days and am kind of a loss here.  My Samba
> server that I just set up seems to be working fine, the people in my office
> have mapped network drives to their home directories and everything is great.
> It's another story with smblclient.

I had a simular problem with Samba a few times, and the root of my problem
was that the workgroup name was not getting set in my client-side smb.conf.
I got around that by using the -W flag to smbclient.

Not sure if this has helped, but...

The only other suggestion that I can make is to crank up the debug level on
the server side and see if that gives you any clues.

-Josh

PS: Do you think this may be karmic retribution for EATING A BLOODY
    KANGEROO!?  ;)

--
Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com>

Associate Systems Administrator
INCOGEN, Inc.
http://www.incogen.com/

GPG keyID 0x62386967 (7479 1A7A 46E6 041D 67AE  2546 A867 DBB1 6238 6967)
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 62386967