Re: [tlug] Apache question

On 03 Jan 2003 18:33:35 +0900, bruno raoult <br@example.com> wrote to Tokyo
Linux Users Group <tlug@example.com>:

> I would like to "redirect" on my server /diary (and /diary/) to
> /diary/index.html. I mean I would really the client to receive a
> "redirect" answer, so that he (the client) displays
> "http://www.raoult.com/diary/index.html"; in the URL field instead of
> "http://www.raoult.com/diary/";.

Set the "Index" preferences so that index.htm takes precedence over
index.html, then put in an index.htm containing these 5 lines:

<head>
</head>

--
G. Stewart   --   gstewart@example.com
                  gstewart@example.com

GnuPG key  : BA3D01C6 (pgp.mit.edu)
Fingerprint: C3DF C686 6572 6E59 E3E4  0F40 2B9A 2218 BA3D 01C6
The journey of a thousand miles begins with a broken
fan belt and a leaky tyre.