Re: [tlug] pppd weirdness

On Sun, Dec 08, 2002 at 11:56:55AM +0900, ccd wrote:

Jonathan wrote:

>>Got a little ppp problem here

>I've had very good results using Gnome and KDE's builtin PPP programs

KPPP does seem pretty good, I dabbled with it just to confirm it was
a pppd level problem, not a front-end problem (so confirmed).  I never
did find out what got borked, but removing and then reinstalling the
relevant packages solved the problem.  I fell back to the wimp-out
position after a couple days of fruitless research and googling, then
went on to set my sendmail up as an SMTP Auth client to smarthost
through GOL's outbound SMTP so I don't have to resort to a MUA with
a built-in SMTP system and a GUI.  Kmail was pretty good, although
it has the same problem with signed mail that Outlook Express does
(read "not RFC-compliant").

GPG key: DF12B4EF (5399 C834 3ABB C3AF 610C  5345 D5D6 E6EA DF12 B4EF)
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys  DF12B4EF
The two top layers of the OSI model are politics and money