Re: [tlug] Lessig Speech--Linux advocacy

From: "Yamagata Hiroo" <hiyori13@example.com>
Subject: Re: [tlug] Lessig Speech--Linux advocacy

> So, have a laptop or something that shows the alternative.

Better still, show them the alternative on *their* machine using a CD-only
distro such as Knoppix, which I've recently discovered and adopted for
demonstration purposes (thanks, Scott :))

> Also, I suggest burning this 30 or 40 of this Knoppix Linux CD
> and give them away at the lecture.
> http://unit.aist.go.jp/it/knoppix/

OK. I should have read the whole post before replying :)

Another link you might find useful for introducing Windows users to open
source software (for Windows to start with) is http://www.theopencd.org

G. Stewart.