Re: [tlug] Geting out to the world

Hi Eric,

          I'm also newbie to unix world. I Use mandrake Linux to solve my problem when I have problem like you. Mandrake linux have gui configuration (like windows)and it is the best to start and say hello to linux world for a begineer like me. Here is another site address you may want. www.linuxnewbie.org

 "Eric O. Flores" <eoflores@example.com> wrote:

tlugers,

Good Morning out there!

Today I am writing to get a bit of help, I been all other the net
searching for an easy way to get my network home connected. I found a
few good sites and a few with tons of information.

I setup up a small network using Redhat 8.0 server and one pc with the
personal 8.0 version. I got the server setup with two network cards,
one eth0 for the ISP dsl connection and eht1 addressed as
192.168.0.1/255.255.255.0 the other pc is
192.168.0.2/255.255.255.0/gateway 192.168.0.1

I can ping both pc's but can not reach the internet!

I been doing some reading iptable and firewalling but can't seem to put
them both together. I got me the new version of firewall (firestarter)
but I've been hesitating on this installation.

What would be the next logical step to follow! (after getting the basic
setup down).

iptables?
firewall?

how can I get out to the world?