Re: [tlug] Serious Help Needed with DHCP

On Wed, Nov 27, 2002 at 12:47:38PM +0900, Eric O. Flores wrote:
> [...] to a free stress networking life.

Is there such a thing?  :-)

> system:  mandrake linux 8.2
> eth0	tulip irq 11
> eth1	rtl8139 irq 10

Gee, I even have the same pair of cards in my RH8 box that I
use for similar (though w2k-less) purposes.

> linux server.  The two win2k's are seen in the network and the w2k's can
> see the samba server but no access to the server yet is granted.  I wish
> to have the two w2k's access the Internet dynamically by having the
> mandrake system automatically serve the ip's.  This used to work perfect

These are different problems.  You'll want to get the IP
address assignment sorted out first.

> Because I want dynamic ip addressing, I am using a logic for the above
> card (eth1) to match my my dhcpd.conf1
>
> /etc/dhcpd.conf

Have you confirmed that that dhcpd is actually running and
listening on port 67?  (It only needs to be listening on eth1
in your case.  With RedHat, you can supply the command line
arguments to dhcpd in /etc/sysconfig/dhcpd to add this limitation.)
Do you have a packet filter rule that is keeping dhcp requests
from reaching the server?

--
Jim Tittsler                                         GPG: 0x01159DB6
Kanto Computer Calendar  http://www.OnJapan.net/calendar/