Re: [tlug] group question

Botond Botyanszki wrote:

> If you look at the ownerships and permissions of the above file, you see that A
> has no write permission. But since the file was in a directory writable by A, A
> has the right to delete the file.
>
> If you want A to have write permission to the file, the file needs to have
> proper permissions (group writable, see: `umask 002`) and A has to be in group
> B.

Thanks for explain that the write permission on a directory affects who
can delete files!

What I want is for A not to be able to touch B's files, even if they are
in a directory owned by A, and to have B be able to do anything it wants
  in a directory owned by A.

What would be the best way for me to achieve this, if possible? I
thought adding B to A's group would let B be able to do whatever A could
do but I was wrong ...

Jc