Re: [tlug] Need NIC for notebook

On Fri, Nov 22, 2002 at 01:01:28AM +0900, Gavin wrote:
> Help, I'm try to get my "corega FEther PCC-TXD lan pc card to work and it
> won't or I'm just missing something. I tried on RH 8.0 and MDK 9.0.. do I

Support for that card/version may not be included in your
/etc/pcmcia/config file.

(As root, do 'tail -f /var/log/messages' and then insert the
card to look for clues about card detection/recognition.)

You may need to add something like (modulo spelling and
punctuation, since not all Corega cards of the same model
appear to be the same(!)) to your /etc/pcmcia/config:
  card "Corega PCC-TXD Ethernet"
  version "Corega K.K.", "corega FEther PCC-TXD"
  bind "pcnet_cs"

--
Jim Tittsler                                         GPG: 0x01159DB6
Kanto Computer Calendar  http://www.OnJapan.net/calendar/