Re: [tlug] Mounting USB Drive

Mike suggested:

> > label thus far in RH Hardware Browser). It doesn't show up under
> > "Hard Drives" but it does show up under "system devices."
>
> Have you checked to see if the appropriate modules have been loaded?  Do
> > an "lsmod" and look for usb-storage and scsi_mod.  You'll need these for
> > things to work properly.  I'm guessing your USB sub-system has loaded up
> > OK as you said your drive shows up under "system devices" (where you see
> > that, I'm not sure... I've never seen RH8).

For both "lsmod" and "modprobe usb-storage", I get

    [root@example.com inbox]# lsmod
    bash: lsmod: command not found
    [root@example.com inbox]# modprobe usb-storage
    bash: modprobe: command not found

I tried this both on my laptop and my properly functioning desktop (RH
7.3). But I appreciate your taking the time to offer this suggestion.

Chuck

Charles Muller  <acmuller@example.com>
Faculty of Humanities,  Toyo Gakuen University
Digital Dictionary of Buddhism and CJKV-English Dictionary [http://www.acmuller.net]
H-Buddhism List Editor [http://www2.h-net.msu.edu/~buddhism/]
Mobile Phone: 090-9310-1787