Re: [tlug] NIC probs with MDK 9.0

On Thu, 14 Nov 2002 15:23:17 +0900 (JST)
"Wayne" <rondonko@example.com> wrote:

> I still can't get Mandrake to use my Xircom NIC card. In the Mandrake
> control centre it has the card driver listed under eth0 but it won't use
> it. During boot it says it's bringing up eth0 with DHCP and the card is
> listed when PCMCIA services is starting. The connect light on the
> dongle comes on and it seems like it's connected until KDE starts to
> come up, then it goes out. I go into the control centre to start it but no
> joy. I've found countless docs on PCMCIA but I don't know what I'm
> looking for! Redhat 8 just uses it but having Redhat on this machine
> is another can of worms! The driver is: xirc2ps_cs

Wayne,

You need to post information (see http://www.tlug.jp/listpolicy.html#postq).
In other words: "The control center of my [insert one of the hundreds of
distibution names here] linux doesn't work" is not it.
Make sure you read the PCMCIA-howto
[http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/PCMCIA-HOWTO.html],
the NET-howto [http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Net-HOWTO/index.html] and the pcmcia-cs
 docs.
If you have done that and played with the tools mentioned therein, then post
again including the appropriate lines of outputs of dmesg, ifconfig, lsmod,
pcmcia-cs tools, etc in your mail.
Then people with pcmcia nics on this list might be able to help you.