Re: [tlug] Undefined symbols in shared libraries

On Fri, 8 Nov 2002 10:27:52 +0900
"A. Sajjad Zaidi" <sajjad@example.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 07, 2002 at 06:12:47PM +0900, simon colston wrote:
> >
> > Or maybe there in a incompatibility between the native libraries of
> > the machine the Java classes were compiled on and the native libraries
> > on the machine that the Java classes are running on?
>
> That is possible, but I suspect that java doesnt have much part in the
> error that Im getting. Running 'nm' on the C library gives a number of
> 'U's, indicating undefined symbols.

Doesn't 'U' just indicate that the symbol is undefined in that library.
If it is a symbol from a different shared object then it will be resolved
at run time (assuming the relavant library can be found).

--
simon colston
simon@example.com

gpg key: 54078502 (pgp.mit.edu)