Re: [tlug] Help with up2date error messages

Creepy.
I wonder if that's a unicode char that looks like an 'r'?  Cyrillic maybe?
Could be that it only shows up visibly if you're using a different double-byte charset like Japanese.
Can you reproduce it?
If that's the case, I'd probably send it out on the bugtraq list and see what people say.
Jim

On Thu, 7 Nov 2002 21:43:38 +0900
Graeme Jensen <shoreleave33@example.com> wrote:

> can I get more info on this??
>

> # up2date
> error: unpacking of archive failed on file
> /usr/share/i18n/charmaps/SEN_850200_B
> .gz;3dca505e: cpio: MD5 sum mismatch
> warning: /etc/localtime created as /etc/localtime.rpmnew
> error: execution of %pre scriptlet from nscd-2.2.4-31 failed, exit status 0

> please see instructions at
> http://www.tlug.jp/list.html

Jim O'Connell
Global Dining System Support
jim at global-dining dot co dot jp
Key fingerprint = 8EE8 44E0 320A 4718 C76B  AD5F 91EB B996 EB45 F83B
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys EB45F83B