[tlug] Help with up2date error messages

Hi all!  I got the following messages updating my rh7.2 box and don't know
what they mean exactly.  I figure these are problems building files.  Where
can I get more info on this??

The "group ooot does not exist" message sounds a bit worrying.

# up2date
warning: group òoot does not exist - using root
error: unpacking of archive failed on file
/usr/share/i18n/charmaps/SEN_850200_B
.gz;3dca505e: cpio: MD5 sum mismatch
warning: /etc/localtime created as /etc/localtime.rpmnew
error: execution of %pre scriptlet from nscd-2.2.4-31 failed, exit status 0
error:   install: %pre scriptlet failed (2), skipping nscd-2.2.4-31