RE: [tlug] Japan Times Linux Article

> Sorry folks,
> I still hate LINUX as much as I hated WINDOWS when I was in the
> beginner stage.
I totally understand how you feel, but I don't think I
hate Linux.   ; )

I think the worst part about configuring in Linux is
that once you get stuck, you feel like wasting a
lot of time and in many cases, end up not being
able to do what you really wanted to do in the
beginning (of course, not the config part).

> So, here is my question: Where can I find a list of file
> compatibility between softwares of windows and Linux,
> because I want to jump once and forever to LINUX and to get rid
> of Windows as fast as possible,
I'm not sure if there's such list. Maybe it's better
if you could list all the types of files you want
to use.

Well, most files that are used in MS Office suite
should be supported by OpenOffice (www.openoffice.org).

Being a novice Linuxer, I'm not a contributer to
this ML, but I'm sure there will be many ppl who
can help you out.

-mune