[tlug] Cant Read TLUG Digest Messages

In, for example, TLUG Digest 2002 v111, there were several posts listed which
were not visible in the digested e mail I received.

1
For example I could see that Josh wrote several replies to a topic in which I
was interested, (internet speed connection) but I couldn't see those in the
digest.

2
Some replies to the topic I could see listed with the others and I could find
their appearance in the digest below, but I needed to open them to read them.
Usually when I click on such a TLUG article it doesnt prompt me " Open
with...", it just opens. Sometimes it prompts me and I have worked out that I
can open and read it with open office write. But for example Charles Mullers
reply to the Internet speed question I cant read or open even with open
office.

3
On the plus side the contents of the digest does seem to have developed a more
eye friendly format.

4
My main point! (Yippee!)

I am also trying to download the much coveted redhat 8.0, I am using an ntt
b-flets 100mbps connection ( ahem!) and I am having no joy. It seems to me
like there are just too many people trying to get on that server, coz I cant
get beyond downloading about 10 MB and the downfeed hangs.  I am using
download acceerator plus and try hopping between mirror sites in asia/aus. It
looks the same.

The 2 strange things are:
1 I downloaded all the 8.0 iso images v quickly on saturday from a v good
connection, but they wont let me burn an iso image from there and I dont know
how to ftp (no need to try and explain it to me. It is too difficult.)
2 I have a similar problem getting an iso image from lycoris and those servers
are not overloaded...

2 I