[tlug] Error Message - KDE Send Mail Protocol

I have one windows 98 and one Red Hat 7.2 box connected to a Corega BAR
SW-4P pro Broadband Access Router.  I'm connected to the internet using
Yahoo BB.  The Router is set to automatically set the WAN IP addresses and
the DNS server.

 I have no problems sending and receiving messages using Outlook Express but
get the following error message when trying to send mail from the KDE mail
client on my Red Hat box.
"Unrecognized transport Protocol, could not send message"

Receiving mail is not a problem and I have checked the SMTP and POP
addresses with the provider.  ANY IDEAS???