Re: [tlug] Apache: Logging: how-to pipe logs or log toanothermachine(was Disk

>From: Tim Hurman <kano-tlug@example.com>
>
>I dont gzip the log files as they go raw to disk. I then rotate the files
>about twice a day (when they hit 2G) and bring them back over the private
>network at night.

Wow. If I ever figure out how to gzip the logs on the fly (they *say* it is
possbile) I'll let you know.

*You* need it more than I do ;) (I get about 10:1 compression. Transfering
5Gb instead of 50Gb over your network might sound appealing)

Jc