[tlug] Re: Draft: Quickie Guide to GPG

Jonathan Byrne wrote:

> By week's end, I hope to see lots of TLUGgers sending GPG-signed
> mail to the list, and maybe even using .signature files something
> like mine, below.

Personally I don't like sending signed mails to mailing lists.
Of course it's perfectly reasonable for lists where sender verification
matters, e.g. bugtraq, but for normal MLs where you can expect a forge
to be unlikely it:

a) Means more traffic for the server
b) Makes mail reading slower (mutt has to invoke gpg to check the
   signature and will probably even make a network connection in the
   process to get the signees public key)

--
Tobias								PGP: 0x9AC7E0BC
This mail is made of 100% recycled bits