Re: [tlug] Server shows strange load and memory spikes

Jean-Christian Imbeault wrote:

> I'd like to learn more about system administration, and I figure one
> important skill to have would be the ability to profile load usage and
> figure out what makes a machine busy, why, and then how to tune the machine
> so that it utilize ressources as best as possible.

Try using some other system monitoring tool that gives more info (such as disk
load, etc) not just CPU usage. (ie tools other than ps and top).
Gkrellm is one neat proggy that I run constantly.
Anyway, you might find the following link useful ;)
http://freshmeat.net/browse/862/?topic_id=862

> I'm really stumped on this one ...

good luck.

--