Re: [tlug] Server shows strange load and memory spikes

On Wed, 28 Aug 2002 11:18:26 +0900
"Jean-Christian Imbeault" <jean_christian@example.com> wrote:

> Top reports
> this:
Did you look at the output, or just piped it to the mail command? ;)

> /usr/local/sbin/cronolog /www/logs/%Y/%m/%d/error.log
> root       627  0.1  0.0  1512  372 ?        S    Aug27   1:46
If you look at all your processes, this one stands out with it's total CPU
time consumption.

> I really can't see what is causing the load to be so high.
> Does anyone have
> any idea why my load is so high?
Just because it doesn't show high CPU usage in that top output it doesn't
mean CPU peaks never happen any other time for that process. Even if CPU
load is not high disk I/O will pump up your load average.

Though it might be something completely different.

--
B0Ti.