[tlug] Class B Hubs not suitable for data center use?

I'm in need of some technical advice and suggestions concerning a hub/switch
I am using.

At the data center we are using we have connected  two of our server
together using a 3Com Office Connect Switch 8, and then from the hub to the
Data Center 100Mbps pipe. However those two servers have have been showing
problems with connections speeds.

While looking into the problem the Data Center techies sent us this email:

"The hub you are using is a Class B device and not suitable for use in a
100Mbps/sFull Data Center environment. We suggest you replace the hub with a
more suitable device"

I checked with the 3Com web site and their sales material says this is
"ideal for high-speed servers, backbones, ...".

I don't know anything about hub/switches and Class B but I have the feeling
the techies are just spewing techinal jargon trying to hide the fact.

Could it be true that a Class B device would be unsuitable for a Data
Center? Could there be so much interference in the DC that the hub is
failing to transfer packets?

I had a look at other more expensive hubs/switches but they all seem to be
class B's. So I can see how replacing the hub would help since it would also
be a Class B hub ...

Educational/technical sugestions and pointers appreciated.

Jc