Re: [tlug] Japanese encoding

On Sat, 24 Aug 2002, Jim Breen wrote:

> ["William F. Maton" (Re: [tlug] Japanese encoding) writes:]
> >>
> >> You have to be careful that CVS is also 8-bit safe, as well as not turning
> >> anything it thinks is 'binary' into ASCII garbage.
>
> Is this a problem with CVS? I thought it would have been internationalized by
> now.

I've been going through the message archives (such as they are) and haven't
spotted anything clear on the subject.  There have been questions about support
*inside* the repository, but I'm still not so sure.

I'm tempted to pop EDICT into my CVS repository and then check it out again.
It ought to to work, but if you need to do special things for importing binary
files.....hmmmm....

wfms