Re: [tlug] load average as reported by uptime

>From: Godwin Stewart <gstewart@example.com>
>

>How many of those 362 processes are sleeping? The load average only counts
>those that aren't.

Thanks. I re-read the explanation I found and realized load average counts
the processes that re ready to run. So having less than 1 means that I have
spare cycle to squander ;)

If anyone else is wondering there is an explanation at:

http://www.hawaga.org.uk/text/loadavg.html

Jc