Re: [tlug] ISDN connection

Jonathan Byrne wrote:

> Maybe the insulation deteriorated enough to get big crosstalk.  ISDN-DSL
> crosstalk was a real problem when NTT was doing DSL trials.  Replacing the
> in-house wiring might be a good bet.  Run them in separate conduits if
> possible.

That's the plan. I'm currently looking for a denkiya-san in the area to redo
the whole shebang, since eAccess told me I'm not supposed to touch any NTT
wires myself.

> I had something like that but for propane back in 1996 when I got my first
> ISDN line.  I guess it must have connected to the Lemon Gas offices.  I
> remember I set it off one day by accident when I was spraying a gokiburi
> :-)  I wondered what would happen, but never heard from them.

Then you could have sprayed your gokiburi with propane right away, after
igniting it, of course, that would be much more interesting. Can I watch?
:-)

> Unless it's signals somehow produce crosstalk.  I take it the Tsuho uses
> the D-channel for talking to Tokyo Gas?  Or does it actually dial out on a
> B-channel if it senses a leak?

Frankly, I don't know. I think it uses the D-channel, but it's possible that
they dial in for meter access. No dial-out, though.

> eaccess does do a good job.  I hope the line can be straightened out.  Has
> anybody from NTT tested the line?  What do they say about it?

The chain of command prevents me from talking to NTT directly, all the tests
on the line have been done by either eAccess or NTT, with eAccess reporting
back every result they get, but none of these are making anybody happy yet.
Let's see if the rewiring helps. Anybody know a good denkiya-san in the
greater Seijo area? :-)

Cheers
Ulrich Plate