Re: [tlug] Intro and Question: Working with ATOK X

On Tue, 2002-08-13 at 17:48, Jonathan Byrne wrote:

> On 8/13/2002, "S. Patrick Eaton" <arc@example.com> wrote:
>

> >anything, but something must be missing, because it is not working the
> >way I had expected.
>
> In that case:
>
> 1) How is it behaving?
> 2) How do you expect it to behave?
>
> It's possible that it's behaving as intended, but how you expect it to work
> and how it does work aren't the same :-)

Hello, again.

Thanks for your continuing interest in my newbie ATOK X travails. ;-)

I have managed to get my earlier problem resolved; now I am just trying
to get it to launch automatically when I boot my system. The following
URL leads to instructions from Justsystem on how this is done.

http://searchqa.justsystem.co.jp/support/faq/setup/latokx1s/red71.html

Unfortunately, this information is a bit dated. (If anyone knows where I
can find more recent information, please let me know.)

Being new to Linux, I am cautious about editing configuration files
without some pretty clear instructions. In this case, the instructions
are clear, but my xinput file is a bit different from what is listed at
the URL above.

If anyone else is using ATOK X with Red Hat 7.3, would you mind
comparing your /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc.d/xinput file with the
instructions above and letting me know what, if anything, needs to be
done differently?

Best regards,

Sako Eaton