Re: [tlug] C puzzle

Just to be sure that I well understand this thread:
- It started like a game (but Q/A could be "serious" on a pure
  C language point of view)
- I derived -sumimasen- on more silly games, where answers could
  be less "pure C" oriented, but whose answers also could teach
  something for some people: How the loader works? How pointers
  works? etc...
  Maybe these are not secret for all of you, but if you show the
  famous "main;" program to someone, he will learn something.
- From this point of the game, we reverted to "correct/incorrect"
  programming... I love this latter discussion (I program a lot,
  and I also try to follow "standards", as much as possible).

But not in the middle of the silly game. I also love these
brain games, with no constraints, as we can have in "human
language" (the "funny" language has nothing related with
the "correct" one).

Small example: "What is the difference between american coffee
and a boy a girl lying in a boat?". The answer is not "correct",
if you know it.
But everybody could understand it. At least some parts. And if
somebody has no experience with -let say!- american coffee, he
will learn about it :-)
This is the only target of some games: To show/learn some pieces
of knowledge. Try this joke in China, you will fail, even with
english speaking people.

To revert to the thread:
I really think no incorrect program is "100% incorrect".
And also no question is "100% silly" IMHO.
There are many answers to one programming question (silly or
not):
Clever, correct, quick, dirty, silly, cheap, expensive,
funny, proprietary, portable, ISO-9001, etc...

I think we should say a question is silly, but not the
answers (as they follow different goals).

My 2 (euro)cents.

br.

                -- Rich Kulawiec