Re: [tlug] Multilanguage environment and encodings

Someone asked:
>> > 2. Can somebody explain me (or give me some points to start
>> >    with) japanese encodings - there is EUC, ShiftJIS,
>> >    ISO-2022-JP. Is the last one only for emails (something like
>> >    uuencode but for japanese)? Which is better to use EUC or
>> >    ShiftJIS?

See http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/coding_inf.html

I find EUC better for internal handling.

>> > 3. kanji server - freewnn vs canna - witch is better solution

Whatever works. I have used both. Canna at present.

Jim

--
Jim Breen  (j.breen@example.com  http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/)
Computer Science & Software Engineering,                Tel: +61 3 9905 3298