From: "Brett Robson" <brett@example.com>
To: <tlug@example.com>
Sent: Thursday, July 18, 2002 8:45 PM
Subject: [tlug] bad screen setting

I've installed RH7.3 without any pain. However I didn't test the video
monitor settings and had it boot to start X automatically. When it comes to
start X the monitor flashes wildly.

I've tried getting virtual consoles up but can't (what is the correct key
sequence????).

To top it off the boot disc I created isn't working.

I guess I need to know how to boot to terminal mode and where to change the
video settings.

please see instructions at
http://www.tlug.jp/list.html