[tlug] routing

I am trying to set up my redhat 7.2 box to do routing for the rest of my
network.

I have two Ethernet cards one for the ADSL line, one for my private network.
I have set up dhcp and can lease addresses and ping the redhat box from
another machine on my network.

However I cannot seem to get route forwarding to the Internet to work.  I
think I am making a mistake in my IP chains or something.  I have read lots
of how too's, but can't quite get it to work.

At this point I am about ready to go buy a firewall/router.

Any advise?

James