Re: [tlug] Hiding Server's Information

On Sat, 6 Jul 2002, B0Ti wrote:

> Nguyen Hung Vu wrote:
>
> > Without using an os detector, we can determine version of apache, os name,
> > php version etc... just using netcraft:
>
> > Anyone know how to hide those information from netcraft?
>
> Recompile apache/php with a different server string?

/apache_1.3.23/src/os/unix/os.h :

#ifndef PLATFORM
#define PLATFORM "Unix"
#endif

default is Unix. I think we can change this before compiling.

And in /usr/include/httpd.h :

#define SERVER_BASEVENDOR   "Apache Group"
#define SERVER_BASEPRODUCT  "Apache"
#define SERVER_BASEREVISION "1.3.23"
#define SERVER_BASEVERSION  SERVER_BASEPRODUCT "/" SERVER_BASEREVISION

#define SERVER_PRODUCT  SERVER_BASEPRODUCT
#define SERVER_REVISION SERVER_BASEREVISION
#define SERVER_VERSION  SERVER_PRODUCT "/" SERVER_REVISION
enum server_token_type {
    SrvTk_MIN,          /* eg: Apache/1.3.0 */
    SrvTk_OS,           /* eg: Apache/1.3.0 (UNIX) */
    SrvTk_FULL,         /* eg: Apache/1.3.0 (UNIX) PHP/3.0 FooBar/1.2b */
    SrvTk_PRODUCT_ONLY  /* eg: Apache */
};

Can we change this? I found this very interesting but dont know how to
change, especially the server_token_type one.

Hung Vu

> --
> B0Ti

|            Nguyen Hung.Vu( vuhung@example.com )              |
| The University of Electro-Communications, Tokyo, Japan   |
| Takeshi's small space   http://site.techviet.com/vuhung/ |
| Join KDE-i18n-Vi?       http://vi.i18n.kde.org/          |
| VYSA                    http://vysasports.vngate.net/    |
| Vn Linux Users Group    http://vietlug.sourceforge.net/  |