Re: [tlug] line ending in XEmacs

On Sat, Jun 29, 2002 at 01:33:48PM -0400,
Viktor Pavlenko wrote:
> I just did a small experiment in emacs (21.2.1). I opened a new file
> and typed two lines, then added ^M (by typing ^q^m) in the end of the
> first. Saved the file and opened it again. UNIX encoding and ^M in the
> end of the first line. Then I added ^M in the end of the second line
> so that every line in the file has DOS line ending. Reopened the
> file. DOS in the mode line and no ^M visible.

Right. It works in GNU emacs. How do I make it work in XEmacs?

> Also, you can force coding system to be dos by typing "^x RET c dos"
> before opening the file. To add missing ^M do "^x RET f dos" and save
> the file. To convert open buffer to UNIX encoding do "^x RET f unix".

Yeah, I knew that one. Doesn't seem to work, though. ^x RET f
iso-8859-1-dos before or after opening a file still shows ^M after each
line.

And yes, there is one and only one ^M on each line.

--
Shimpei Yamashita                               http://www.shimpei.org/
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?    -- Steve Wright