Re: [tlug] Perl Q: how to check if a file is "busy"

Jean-Christian Imbeault wrote:
> Thanks for the info. I'm guessing lsof is not part of a minimal install
> since I don't have it on my system. I'll look around to see if I can
> find which rpm gives it to me.

:jmglov@example.com; rpm -qf `which lsof`
lsof-4.51-2

> PS Is it secure or is it something best left off a machine I am trying
> to harden?

Hmm... is Apache secure? ;)

Actually, if you are paranoid, just make lsof owned by root and chmod
500 it. It *can* disclosed information that might be useful to a
would-be attacker, but so can traceroute. Your call.

--
Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com>

Associate Systems Administrator
INCOGEN, Inc.