[tlug] Re: OT: CPU switches

On Thu, Jun 27, 2002 at 12:37:45AM +0900, Jonathan Byrne wrote:
> ayako kato (ayako.kato@example.com) wrote:
>
> > Has anyone tried any of those keyboard-video-mouse switches (at home) ?

I have a cheap Dlink one at home and Belkin Omniview at work (don't know
if either are available in Japan).

The only problem I've had is with FreeBSD 4.x.  If one doesn't have the
switch focused on the box from boot up through starting X, the mouse
pointer often (though not always) jumps all over the place.  Closing X
one sees several messages about pointer being out of sync (Can't
remember the exact phrasing).

This is a known bug--when I last researched it, about 8 months ago,
there were a few suggestions, such as recompiling and adding some flags,
but none of that worked for me (so I fear I've forgotten the flags) :).

However, it is almost always fixable by having the KVM focused on the
BSD box from bootup through startx. Once X is started, one can switch
back and forth between boxes at will.

As for Linux, never had any trouble with several distros and the KVM.

HTH
Scott Robbins