[tlug] Fwd: Internet config with DHCP Server / Sound card

I installed Torbolinux Workstation 8.0. for the first time.

I outlined the solutions to some of the problems I faced and I append a problem on which I hope someone can help me !

Problem:
Allthough the videocard and monitor were recongized correctly, the display was blurred and unclear.
Solution:
The installation software does not set the videocard resoltuion and color depth to the settings which were chosen during the installation. I had to correct the settings in the videocard manually using turboxcfg.

 Sound and Internet connections worked well and without problem. I could browse the net and hear the startup sound and the sounds produced by your small Asteroid game.

 However, since I was not satisfied with the partitioning, I installed Turbolinux once more.

 After that second installation
 1. The Internet connection did not work any more
 2. The sound did not work anymore.

 Sound
 --------
 The sound card is:Intel AC97 i81x,i820, i830, i840, M/440
 and was recognized and worked fine in the first installation.

 Solution was to set the Sound I/O Method of the SoundServer from "Autodetect" to "Advanced Linux Sound Architecture"

 Internet
 ----------
 I could not check the exact details of my network card, but since it once worked, this should not be the issue.
 I connect to the internet via an ethernet card, connected to a rooter (Yamaha NetVolante), which in turn connects to by internet service provider. The rooter works as a DHCP server. In the first and in the second installation I activated "Use DHCP".

 The current network configuration (torbonetchfg) is:

> Hostname: localhost
> FQDN:localhost.none
> Gateway Device:
> Gateway Address:0.0.0.0
> Nameservers:
>    (none)
> Search Domains:
>    (none)
> Interfaces:
>    eth0 (*)
>    lo (*)

With this configuration, the network diagnostics are:

> FQDN on This System:localhost.none
> Physical Interfaces available:Yes
> Gateway device:(none)
> Gateway device available:N/A
> Gateway device active:N/A
> Default Route Activated: Yes
> Gateway is Reachable:No
> Primary DNS is Reachable:N/A
> Secondary DNS is Reachable:N/A
> Tertiary DNS is Reachable:N/A
> Hostname Lookup Work:No

Does anyone have an idea what is wrong here ??? Do I have to request a new DHCP lease ?
No idea ?

Regards,

Harm