Re: [tlug] iptables logging broken by default in RH73?

On Sun, Jun 09, 2002 at 05:17:29PM -0400, Josh Glover wrote:
> Is iptables broken out of the box in Redhat 7.3? I cannot get it to work

No.

> iptables -P INPUT DROP
> iptables -A INPUT -j DROP
> iptables -A INPUT -j LOG
>
> But I when I ping localhost, I get no love in /var/log/messages, which
> is where logging is supposed to occur, AFAIK. I know that things are at

The order of the rules matter, and DROP ends the table
traversal for a packet.  Move the LOG rule before the DROP rule.

--
Jim Tittsler                                         GPG: 0x01159DB6
Kanto Computer Calendar  http://www.OnJapan.net/calendar/