Re: [tlug] html editor :) IBM Homepage Builder

Yes, that is the point. The auto-recognition does not work from Opera or
Netscape, but it works on IE. That page is perfectly fine from IE5.5, but it
moji-bakes with Netscape and Opera. When I look at the setting that the
browser chose, it is iso-2022-jp in spite of the meta tag.

I am not troubled because of the appearance of the page, but I really like
Netscape and Opera, and it bothers me that it seems to be losing to IE. I
thought that, with Netscape 6, I finally had a decent multi-platform browser
choice, one that works better than and faster than IE, but it seems that N6
has Japanese character set recognition problems.

Micheal

Micheal E Cooper & Rie Tanaka
Nobeoka, Miyazaki, Japan

mec@example.com