Re: [tlug] kernel compilation questions

>From: "A.Sajjad Zaidi" <sajjad@example.com>
>If it supports ext3 (compiled in, not as a module) then the fs is not the
>problem.

ext support is compiled in ... (strangely enough though make menuconfig
lists ext3 as experimental)

>For an IDE disk, say Y to "ATA/IDE/MFM/RLL support" and everything
>necessary under that tree. If you dont know which chipset your
>motherboard has, "Generic PCI IDE chipset support" should be enough.

Tried that and then selected *all* drivers but that didn't work.

I now further but at boot I get:

Partition check:

hda: hda1 hda2 hda3 hda4 <

And then the boot freezes ...

I'll try removing drivers one by one and see if that helps. Other than that
any other hints?

Thanks for all the help Sajjad!

Jc